Chapter 4 Invitations——11
"Bella?" His voice shouldn't have been so familiar to me, as if I'd known the sound of it all my life rather than for just a few short weeks.
"Bella?"他的声音不应该对于我来说如此熟悉,好像我不是只认识这个声音短短几周,而是我的一生都已经记住了这个声音。
I turned slowly, unwillingly.
我不愿意的慢慢转过去。
I didn't want to feel what I knew I would feel when I looked at his too-perfect face.
我不想要感受到那种,当我看到他过于完美的脸庞的感觉。
My expression was wary when I finally turned to him; his expression was unreadable.
当我最终转向他的时候我的表情是警觉的;他的表情完全读不懂。
He didn't say anything.
他什么也没说。
"What? Are you speaking to me again?"
“什么?你又和我说话了?”
I finally asked, an unintentional note of petulance in my voice.
我最后问道,在我的声音中透露中着无意识的愤怒。
His lips twitched, fighting a smile. "No, not really," he admitted.
他的嘴唇抽搐着,挤出一个微笑,“不,没有”他承认道。
I closed my eyes and inhaled slowly through my nose, aware that I was gritting my teeth. He waited.
我闭上我的眼睛慢慢吸了一下鼻子,意识到我在磨我的牙齿。他等着。
"Then what do you want, Edward?" I asked, keeping my eyes closed; it was easier to talk to him coherently that way.
“Edward你到底想怎么样?”我闭着眼睛问道;以这样的方式很容易和他交流。
"I'm sorry." He sounded sincere. "I'm being very rude, I know. But it's better this way, really."
“我很抱歉”他的声音听上去很真诚。“我之前对你他鲁莽了,我知道。但是这是最好的方式了,真的。”
I opened my eyes.
我睁开了我的眼睛。
His face was very serious.
他脸上非常严肃。